Thinking of Volunteering? Join Us!
Are you an Experienced Governor and willing to commit to support governance across Essex Schools and Academies?
If so, we invite you to apply to joining our Executive Committee which consists of Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and six committee members.
ESGA and Essex Education Leaders have developed effective working practices which are mutually supportive. It is the responsibility of ESGA to ensure that this is maintained in accordance with the Partnership Agreement with Essex Education.
Our Aims, Vision and Values are mentioned in our Chair’s Welcome under “About Us” on our Website.
Roles and Responsibilities of Executive Members include:
Attendance and be actively involved with:
- Committee meetings held monthly either virtually [Zoom] or face-to-face
- Director of Learning Conference/up-dates held termly
- Meetings with the Director of Learning and Cabinet Member for Education and Skills held termly
- National Governance Association [NGA] and external agencies
This will enable you to:
- Promote and support high quality and effective Governance in all schools/academies
- Share best practice in governance across schools/academies in Essex
- Act in the best interests of all young people
- Support and deliver the Aims, Vision and Values of ESGA
We offer you:
- Free membership of NGA which gives you Governor Matters [NGA Magazine] and weekly Newsletters
- Free membership of The Key
- Free Training [we are currently reviewing how best this can be affected]